Greater London South East continues to plan the development and growth of Scouting within the County.
The County has a current plan that is working under The Scout Associaiton's vision 'Towards 2018'.
To contribute to the development of Young People of the London Boroughs of Bexley and Bromley in achieving their full physical, intellectual, social and spiritual potentials, as individuals, as responsible citizens and as members of their local national and international communities
Our more specific aims each have Outcomes to demonstrate what is to be achieved by each specific aim:
1. To increase confidence, social, practical and leadership skills in the youth membership
2. To develop adult leadership quality and ability to ensure they are effective in their role
3. To improve recruitment and retention of members from all areas of the community
4. To improve the image of Scouting
5. To improve relationships with external agencies
6. To improve the support management
This page also captures some of the work that has been undertaken over recent years.
GLSE is working towards its strategy under 'Vision Towards 2018.
More people are joining now than at any time in the last 50 years. But none of this happened by accident – this was part of our Vision Towards 2012. Together we have transformed Scouting. With new leadership, a revised programme, training and image, we are renewed and re-energised. We've still got work to do to finalise that. So now there's a new vision for Scouting beyond 2012 – this time to 2018.
For more information see the Vision for 2018 pages.
This page was last updated on 12 February 2016 by Paul Amass